Looking for advice on the best way to prepare your hot tub for winter?
If last season’s winter was anything to go by, there’ll be another harsh, cold and drawn out winter ahead with snow and sub-zero temperatures in the forecast. We’re hoping the Beast from the East doesn’t make another appearance but who knows, we may have to prep for another cold one!
We can imagine you’ve enjoyed your hot tub or swim spa all summer long.
It’s served you well through the long warm summer evenings you’ve had fun soaking up the rays in the sunshine. But as autumn is fully in swing and the weathers on the change, how do you know whether your hot tub is fit for the winter ahead?
Tis the season best for tubbing!
The combination of steam rising from the hot water and the frost in the air offers a great sense of wellbeing, providing numerous benefits for body and mind.
So hot tubbers, don’t even think about closing it down for the season! Protect the longevity of your hot tub before the weather worsens and take some time to prepare your hot tub for winter. Have a read of our simple maintenance steps and keep your tub functioning to optimum levels the whole winter long.
How to prepare your hot tub for winter
• Do a full water change before the weather turns and it’s too cold for you to be outside!
• You may wish to increase the water temperature in cooler times
• Ensure all vents are closed to keep the warmth inside the cabinet
• Check your cover for signs of wear and tear – a properly fitting cover with no cracks or tears will keep the heat in and running costs down. Remember to check all straps and buckles so that the seal is effective as possible from winds.
Ongoing Winter Tips
• During winter, keep an eye on the level of the water. If levels become too low the pumps/pipes could start freezing causing extensive damage.
• If we are lucky to have snowfall this winter then ensure you brush off any snow from the top of the cover, and clear surrounding paths, gritting as necessary.
• Keep an eye on water chemistry levels as you usually would.
Built to last
As all Hydropool products are Canadian made, they’re built to withstand the harshest of conditions. If you’re not confident about how to prepare your hot tub for winter and would like our experts to fully check over your hot tub for winter, then please contact us. Better still, sign up to our Annual Servicing Package including preparation for summer and winter. Sit back and relax in the knowledge we have your hot tub fully maintained all year long.