Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Yorkshire Hot Tubs Ltd
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register. Our registration number is: ZA321999.
- Lawful basis: Contract.
The reason we use this basis: Any information you give us is in relation to asking for more information and for us to contact you or to process legitimate business.
- We process your information in the following ways:
- Sales and marketing activities such as calls, emails and other types of communications
- Account activity such as, email, written and verbal communications and agreements
- Financial activity, such as billing communications
- To perform obligations under a contract with you or a business you may work for
- Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / We do share your personal information with third parties and they include; .
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here
- The right to be informed
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability
- The right to object; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
• [list of cookies used]
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sensitive Personal Data
There may be instances where it is necessary for you to share information with us containing special categories of personal information or ‘sensitive personal data’. This relates to things such as details of medical conditions which you may need to share with us so we are able to meet your specific requirements when providing our goods and services.
Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we will only take it from you if you have given us your explicit consent and it is necessary for us to do so. We will also inform you of what we will do with this information and who we will share it with.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- Subscription time & date
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation – read here
- Data Protection Act 1998 – read here
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – read here
- The Guide to the PECR 2003 – read here