How using an infrared sauna benefits your body
You may already know about the health and wellbeing advantages of using the heat of a sauna. They can help with detoxification, circulation, immune function, weight loss, skin and muscle strength to name a few. But how can an infrared sauna benefit your health?
What is an Infrared Sauna?
A traditional sauna uses heat from a stove or hot rocks to produce a dry heat of up to 90.5 degrees Celsius with very low amounts of humidity.
An infrared (IR) sauna is quite different. It uses infrared “heat energy” that is actually heat created from invisible light waves.
IR saunas produce an invisible light wave that penetrates the body in order to raise the core body temp and, in turn, create sweat.
The body produces IR waves and receives IR waves from many sources, most notably, the sun.
Traditional Sauna VS Infrared
- Typically between 65°C – 95°C
- High ambient air temperatures necessary to induce sweating
- 0% – 50%+ humidity may be achieved by pouring water on the rocks creating a “moist sauna.”
- Typically 60-75 minutes to achieve maximum temperature
- Cool (or cold) shower in-between innings.
- Aromatherapy oils may be added to water to help clear nasal passages
- 1-2 Sessions (“innings”) are typically 15-20 minutes in length
- Normal operation is between 49°C – 60° C
- No humidity is created in an infrared sauna
- High ambient air temperatures are not needed to induce sweating
- Proper wavelength of IR heat energy creation is critical to sweat production.
- Infrared heat energy penetrates the skin and warms the muscles and the joints.
- Bathers may use the sauna immediately after turning it on.
- Sessions (or “innings”) are similar to traditional sauna. 15-20 minutes in length
The health benefits of using an Infrared Sauna
There are a host of health benefits associated with using an infrared sauna.
Perfect when the time is short
Infrared relaxation is possible when time is short. Refresh in just a few minutes to enliven and give you strength for the rest of your day.
Releases muscle tension and help prevents injuries
The gentle warmth of infrared heat therapy rooms loosens muscle knots and relieves back pain. For active people the infrared treatment releases muscle tension and helps to prevent injuries and regenerate faster from training.
By heating the body’s core temperature to a greatly elevated level, the immune system kicks in and produces a rapid increase in your white blood cell count, thus, boosting your body’s ability to fend off and shorten colds, flus, and viruses.
Supports heart health
The high temperatures in the sauna increase the heart rate, thereby giving the heart a healthy “workout”. Infrared saunas can also lower blood pressure, so excellent for general heart health.
Stress less and relax more
Finding stress relief and ways to relax is fundamental to our health. Infrared saunas promote relaxation and balance the body’s levels of cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone, and excessive amounts of it can result in many different health issues such as a weaker immune system, weight problems and insomnia. The heat also raises that amount of serotonin, the “feel good-hormone”, in our blood.
Introducing Infrared saunas from Tylö
Tylö is one of the worlds largest and most popular sauna and wellness brands. For 70 years Tylö’s production has been based in Halmstad, Sweden – home of its proud tradition of craftsmanship and seasoned expertise. The company’s development, know-how and continuous pursuit of excellence have taken Tylö to where it is today. By providing high-quality experiences focused on heat, Tylö is redefining the sauna market with top-quality sauna products that play an important part in a healthy life.
Why choose an Infrared Sauna from Tylö?
- Patented Low EMR CarbonFlex® emitter panels that provide the user with “The world’s safest infrared sauna”!
- Wall-to-Wall CarbonFlex® emitters have no hot & cold spots throughout the panels or between panels. Most competitors do!
- The largest calf and side leg emitters panels in the IR sauna industry.
- The patented technology creates perfect heat distribution throughout the entire panel with emphasis placed on the lower back area.
- One of the only warranties in the industry that has a two-year labour component to it.
Want to know more about Tylö Infrared Saunas?
Read more about the benefits of a Tylö sauna or come and view our display at our Ilkley showroom. We look forward to showing you the unique features and superior quality that a Tylö infrared sauna can bring to your home.